SCHOFIELD BARRACKS, Hawaii (July 31, 2017) — Local military units are scheduled to conduct various training here in August that may be heard by surrounding communities.
For the community’s awareness, the training is as follows:
• Aug. 1-2 Army artillery training, Schofield Barracks
• Aug. 2-3 Marines helicopter aerial gunnery, Schofield Barracks. Training will occur during nighttime hours, 8 p.m.-midnight.
• Aug. 4 Army demolitions training, Schofield Barracks
• Aug. 5-6 Army National Guard artillery training, Schofield Barracks
• Aug. 7-11 Army artillery training, Schofield Barracks
• Aug. 13-20 Army artillery training, Schofield Barracks
• Aug. 17-31 Army Lightning Academy training with blank ammunition, explosive simulators, and aviation operations, East Range. Training will occur during daytime and nighttime hours.
• Aug. 28-Sept. 1 Marines mortar training, Schofield Barracks. Training will occur during daytime and nighttime hours.
• Aug. 30-31 Army artillery training, Schofield Barracks
Training dates are subject to change based on environmental and other factors. Weather, such as
overcast conditions, can increase noise and vibrations. Should individuals hear noise, there is no
The military in Hawaii appreciates the community's understanding and continued support for local
military training. While sometimes loud, the sounds of training represent how the military ensures
the nation's service members are ready to accomplish the mission and return home safely.
To report concerns related to noise or training, community members can call the U.S. Army
Garrison-Hawaii (USAG-HI) Noise Concern Line at (808) 656-3487 or email
email@example.com. The USAG-HI Public Affairs Office responds to all reported concerns
during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
The Army produces this monthly schedule to alert neighbors of upcoming training activities that are louder in nature and
may be heard outside the military installation. This schedule is subject to change and is not inclusive of all Army
aviation/UAV activities, or East Range training activities (between Wahiawa and Mililani Mauka). To receive Army
training advisories directly, email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Subscribe Training” in the subject line.