SCHOFIELD BARRACKS, Hawaii (June 30, 2017) — Local military units are scheduled to conduct various training here in July that may be heard by surrounding communities.
For the community’s awareness, the training is as follows:
• July 5-9 Army helicopter gunnery training, Schofield Barracks
• July 8 Air Force C-17 Globemaster III aviation operations, Wheeler Army Airfield
• July 10-12 Army mortar training, Schofield Barracks
• July 10-12 Marines helicopter gunnery, Schofield Barracks
• July 10-21 Army aviation training, Dillingham Army Airfield, Mokuleia
• July 13-14 Army mortar training, Schofield Barracks
• July 17-31 Army Lightning Academy training with blank ammunition and aviation operations, East Range. Training will occur during daytime and nighttime hours.
• July 23 Marines demolitions training, Schofield Barracks
• July 24-28 Marines artillery training, Schofield Barracks
• July 24-31 Army Lightning Academy training with blank ammunition and explosive simulators, East Range. Training will occur during daytime and nighttime hours.
• July 25-28 Army demolitions training, Schofield Barracks
• July 31 Air Force C-17 Globemaster III aviation operations, Wheeler Army Airfield
• July 31-Aug. 2 Army artillery training, Schofield Barracks
Training dates are subject to change based on environmental and other factors. Weather, such as overcast conditions, can increase noise and vibrations. Should individuals hear noise, there is no immediate danger. The military in Hawaii appreciates the community's understanding and continued support for local military training. While sometimes loud, the sounds of training represent how the military ensures the nation's service members are ready to accomplish the mission and return home safely.
To report concerns related to noise or training, community members can call the U.S. Army Garrison-Hawaii (USAG-HI) Noise Concern Line at (808) 656-3487 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The USAG-HI Public Affairs Office responds to all reported concerns during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
The Army produces this monthly schedule to alert neighbors of upcoming training activities that are louder in nature and may be heard outside the military installation. This schedule is subject to change and is not inclusive of all Army aviation/UAV activities, or East Range training activities (between Wahiawa and Mililani Mauka). To receive Army training advisories directly, email email@example.com with “Subscribe Training” in the subject line.
Original Media Release